Call for Papers
The tradition of SafeComp is to act as a platform for bringing together academic research and industrial needs. In 2022 we want this industrial and real-world experience to be a strong element of the conference.
Types of papers
We solicit two types of papers:
1. Research papers, that should describe the research gap that is addressed and explain how the proposed contribution advances current knowledge (around 14 pages);
2. Practical experience reports / tool descriptions, that should convey a clear message and lessons for practitioners (up to 14 pages).
All papers will be reviewed by three members of the Program Committee. Papers must not have been previously published or concurrently submitted elsewhere. Accepted regular papers, practical experience reports and tool papers will be published by Springer in the LNCS Series.
The conference covers the development, assessment, operation, and maintenance of safety-related and safety-critical computer systems. Major topics include, but are not limited to:
- Development, verification, assessment and licensing
- Model-based safety analysis, design, and assessment
- Formal methods for verification, validation, and fault tolerance
- Fault detection and recovery mechanisms
- Resilient and fault-tolerant HW and SW architectures
- Distributed and real-time monitoring and control
- Safety/security co-engineering and risk assessment
- Testing, verification, and validation methods and tools
- Qualification, assurance, and certification methods and tools
- Cyber-physical threats and vulnerability analysis
- Safety and security guidelines, standards and certification
- Safety and security assurance cases
The SafeComp 2022 theme „New Frontiers of Safety Assurance“ addresses the following topics:
- Open systems of systems
- Cloud-based control of safety-critical systems
- Over-the-air-updates and app-like platforms
- Machine learning
- New principles, paradigms, and methodologies including new approaches such as dynamic safety management or data-driven assurance
Papers can be submitted on EasyChair: LINK
Please note that the deadline for full paper submission ends on 14 February 2022.
All paper submissions must be formatted according to the LNCS templates provided by Springer.
Find out more about topics, key dates and more on our Call for Papers flyer: