Call for Papers
The tradition of SafeComp is to act as a platform for bringing together academic research and industrial needs.
The SAFECOMP Conference Series offers a platform for knowledge and technology transfer between academia, industry, research institutions and standardization bodies in the areas of safety, reliability and security regarding critical computer applications. It provides ample opportunity to exchange insights and experience on emerging methods and practical applications across the borders of different disciplines.
Topics and Application Domains
The conference covers the development, assessment, operation, and maintenance of safety-related and safety-critical computer systems.
Major topics include, but are not limited to:
- Development, verification, assessment and licensing
- Model-based safety analysis, design, and assessment
- Formal methods for verification, validation, and fault tolerance
- Fault detection and recovery mechanisms
- Resilient and fault-tolerant HW and SW architectures
- Distributed and real-time monitoring and control
- Safety/security co-engineering and risk assessment
- Testing, verification, and validation methods and tools
- Qualification, assurance, and certification methods and tools
- Cyber-physical threats and vulnerability analysis
- Safety and security guidelines, standards and certification
- Safety and security assurance cases
Domains of application include (but are not limited to):
- Railways, automotive, space, avionics & process industries
- Highly automated and autonomous systems
- Telecommunication and networks
- Safety-related applications of smart systems and IoT
- Critical infrastructures, smart grids, SCADA
- Medical devices and healthcare
- Surveillance, defense, emergency & rescue
- Logistics, industrial automation, off-shore technology
- Education & training
SAFECOMP 2022 Key Theme
By its key theme „New Frontiers of Safety Assurance“ SAFECOMP 2022 will address in particular also the following topics:
- Open systems of systems
- Cloud-based control of safety-critical systems
- Over-the-air-updates and app-like platforms
- Machine learning
- New principles, paradigms, and methodologies including new approaches such as dynamic safety management or data-driven assurance
SAFECOMP 2022 Workshops
It is planned to have workshops on the day preceding the conference. Workshop proposals should be sent by email to the SAFECOMP 2022 Workshop Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) including scope and contents, programme committee and length (half or full day).
It is planned to include accepted contributions in the SAFECOMP Workshop Proceedings as far as the publisher’s requirements are fulfilled.
The following two types of submissions are explicitly invited:
1. Research articles contributing to the advancement of the current scientific knowledge
(up to 14 pages incl. bibliography);
2. Practical experience reports or tool descriptions providing new insight and support to practitioners
(up to 14 pages incl. bibliography).
All papers will be reviewed by at least three members of the Program Committee. Papers must not have been previously published or concurrently submitted elsewhere. Accepted articles will be published by Springer in the LNCS Series.
All paper submissions must be formatted according to the LNCS templates provided by Springer.
|May 27, 2022||Camera-ready submission|